WOOHOO our sprouts grew, and we got another sprout! We now have 4 sprouts in total. Our basic observation was that the condensation levels have increased and our sprouts look taller. We have a tall one that measured 5 cm, a medium sized one that was 4 cm, and the two small ones coming in at 2 cm each.
One thing we noticed was that the water and soil levels were the same as they were in previous weeks, and neither was the water. I think this is something that really surprised as, as we thought the string would absorb the water into the soil, decreasing the water level. We also figured that when soil got wet, it became more packed. We assumed the levels of both the soil and water would decrease.
Elodea grew longer and there'a a spider web looking thing developing on the Elodea
The elodea seems to have grown in the past week. One thing we noticed almost immediately was that there was a spider web looking thing attached to the elodea. This is the first time we have seen this, and aren't sure what to make of it. We thought that it could be a buildup of debris over time. We are interested in seeing if this is something that continues to 'grow' or if it goes away after a while. There was also more debris present in the water than last week.